Welcome to Kabaret’s documentation¶
Kabaret is a Free and Open Source VFX/Animation Studio Framework.
It is made for TDs and Scripters involved in Production Tracking, Asset Management, Workflow and Pipelines used by Production Managers and CG Artists.
- Fast and Easy Project modeling.
- No decision made for you, your pipe = your rules !
- Based on 20+ years of experience in the field.
- Generative end-user GUI: zero code needed.
- Modular and Extendable pure-python architecture.
- Plugin system for zero/low code modularity.
- Python 2.7+ and 3.6+ compatible.
- Embeddable in PyQt4, PySide, PyQt5, PySide2 and Blender applications.
- Tested under Windows and Linux.
- There’s an example project so you can start experimenting in less than 5 minutes !
Kabaret has been used in productions for over 7 years for Commercials, Teasers, TV Shows and Feature Movies.
Among the 20+ releases made since its source opening, only one single (and minor) breaking change was introduced.
- Flow Reference Guide
- App Reference Guide
- Featured Extensions